The New York Times bestselling, IACP award-winning cookbook (and a Cooking Light Top 100 Cookbook of the Last 25 Years) from the celebrated food blogger and founder of smittenkitchen.com.
Deb Perelman loves to cook. She isn't a chef or a restaurant owner—she's never even waitressed. Cooking in her tiny Manhattan kitchen was, at least at first, for special occasions—and, too often, an unnecessarily daunting venture. Deb found herself overwhelmed by the number of recipes available to her. Have you ever searched for the perfect birthday cake on Google? You'll get more than three million results. Where do you start? What if you pick a recipe that's downright bad?
With the same warmth, candor, and can-do spirit her award-winning blog, Smitten Kitchen, is known for, here Deb presents more than 100 recipes—almost entirely new, plus a few favorites from the site—that guarantee delicious results every time.
Gorgeously illustrated with hundreds of her beautiful color photographs, The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook is all about approachable, uncompromised home cooking. Here you'll find better uses for your favorite vegetables: asparagus blanketing a pizza; ratatouille dressing up a sandwich; cauliflower masquerading as pesto. These are recipes you'll bookmark and use so often they become your own, recipes you'll slip to a friend who wants to impress her new in-laws, and recipes with simple ingredients that yield amazing results in a minimum amount of time.
Deb tells you her favorite summer cocktail; how to lose your fear of cooking for a crowd; and the essential items you need for your own kitchen. From salads and slaws that make perfect side dishes (or a full meal) to savory tarts and galettes; from Mushroom Bourguignon to Chocolate Hazelnut Crepe Cake, Deb knows just the thing for a Tuesday night, or your most special occasion.
- Ireland in eBooks
- Under-Loved eBooks That Deserve a Second Chance
- Top 10 Ebooks in 2020
- Folklore eBooks For Your Cottagecore Life
- New Adult Fiction
- Magical Realism Favorites
- Business Basics
- Romantic Reads
- Solve it
- Graphic Novels for Adults That You Can Read RIGHT NOW!
- Celebrating National Aviation History Month
- Eat Fit
- Romantic Reads for Valentine's Day
- See all
- In-Demand Horror Audiobooks
- Top 10 Audiobooks in 2020
- I Demand a Mystery, Good Sir or Madam.
- Memoirs by Women
- Lend Poetry Your Ear
- Wanna Hear a Joke?
- Nonfiction Best Sellers in 2019 (in audio)
- Inspirational Reads For Your Listening Pleasure
- Newly Released Fantasy Audiobooks
- Lighten the Mood
- Tales for Around the Fire
- You Now Drive a Cop Car
- Classics That Want You To Listen
- See all